Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's talk weather

And it's raining AGAIN !

Poncho time.. we were out in the rain it was fine and not half as muddy as you would think.... stay dry = stay warm.

Comment

Forrest's stories are filled with bad weather, muddy conditions, and soggy ground - wonder weather that is signicant?
      Rain - rein - reign. And then the sun shines and a rainbow comes out.

Comment

I believe the weather is changing here - who is responsible for that?
        Y'all probably don't want to talk about weather here - but I think it might just be important.

Comment

I was rained out during my BOTG last week. The challenge there is not dealing with rain while you are looking, it is more related to road conditions for getting out.

Comment

I think the main challenge could be hiking conditions if the ground is too muddy and/or slippery. Some mud tends to stick to boots, making travel very difficult. I learned this on my first BOTG search hike, which was in the spring. I won't do that again anywhere near the same route.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post
              I think the main challenge could be hiking conditions if the ground is too muddy and/or slippery. Some mud tends to stick to boots, making travel very difficult. I learned this on my first BOTG search hike, which was in the spring. I won't do that again anywhere near the same route.
              That can be an issue too. In the area I was in the grass was pretty tall. It hid the many rivulets running into the creek. Some of these rivulets had worn their own path to the creek that were only 6-12” wide but could be just as deep. You had to pay attention to not hurt a leg or ankle by stepping into one of these little rivulets or it could be easy to hurt yourself.

Comment

Working...
              X