Confirming The Correct Forrest Fenn Where Warm Waters Halt Essay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TreasureCodex View Post

I have what I considered to be the best WWWH. Now it may turn out that Forrest used some lame obscure WWWH like I have seen many many times by the mouthiest of posters. But I don't think so. But I will tell you something. There is not just one way to use poem to get to the proper location. GL to you !
    Forrest's WWWH is geographic and logical in my opinion. It is the marriage of the answer to a riddle and the decipherment of a keyword. So definitely not lame, and heavily supported by hints in his books and other communications. In my opinion, it cannot be determined by anyone in less than a month, and it appears the first to hit on it (possibly by inspired luck rather than actual puzzle solution) did so in 2012.

I know of only one searcher who publicly named my choice for WWWH on a blog (years ago), but he/she clearly did not find the keyword because if they had they wouldn't have ever moved from that spot.

Comment

MM, please consider that it may be unfair to Fenn treasure searchers for you to release to the public a truly confirmed WWWH site. Without putting in the work needed to find the WWWH site, searchers who read the solution and that live close to the site and who have lots of free time would have a great unfair advantage in retrieving the chest. On the other hand searchers who have figured out the WWWH site on their own but have to travel a long way and who have limited time to travel would be left out. I don't think this is how Forrest envisioned the hunt to end. I would think he would want the finder to find it on his own. For some searcher who otherwise had no idea where to go, to simply read the solution on the web, and then drive a couple of hours from their home to get the chest is not much of a hunt. I doubt that Forrest would see this as being in the spirit of the thrill of the chase. How would other searchers feel?

Comment

Originally posted by littlegirlfromindia View Post
        MM, please consider that it may be unfair to Fenn treasure searchers for you to release to the public a truly confirmed WWWH site. Without putting in the work needed to find the WWWH site, searchers who read the solution and that live close to the site and who have lots of free time would have a great unfair advantage in retrieving the chest. On the other hand searchers who have figured out the WWWH site on their own but have to travel a long way and who have limited time to travel would be left out. I don't think this is how Forrest envisioned the hunt to end. I would think he would want the finder to find it on his own. For some searcher who otherwise had no idea where to go, to simply read the solution on the web, and then drive a couple of hours from their home to get the chest is not much of a hunt. I doubt that Forrest would see this as being in the spirit of the thrill of the chase. How would other searchers feel?

The complete and correct solution could be fully disclosed, which no one would believe. People only believe in what they want to believe.
        And more ... A convincing solution would only be confirmed in BOTG. And I believe that few would have such faith, imagination and willingness to do so publicy.

Comment

But on the other hand. That's what i thought was the main purpose of this forums. To bring a vast multicultural group of knowledge to help each other and enjoy this adventure. Yes there are some who use it to boast. But more that enjoy the thrill. To many people are caught up on "the lead searcher". The " choosen one". The purpose of the poem was not to crown a king. It was to bring humanity back into nature. To help people enjoy life. And one other major Brown that will be released after the treasure chest is found. What's written in the trove
          . Not part of the solve. But Brown is a archeologist term. Used in documention of artifacts. To me if anyone gave me the exact information i was missing. To have me pull up the treaure out of that 200ft hole. I would greatly reward them for there help.

Comment

MM is just teasing everyone. I think the only way anyone would open up about what the believe is a solid confirmational WWH clue is if they were giving up 100% on the chase

Comment

Originally posted by littlegirlfromindia View Post

Have no fear, he doesn’t have the correct WWWH.
              All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
              --Arthur Schopenhauer--

Comment

On that long-ago November day in 1903, Wyoming used Horn to try out the Julian Gallows, a chain-reaction device that seemed born of Rube Goldberg’s ink pen.

Horn’s weight on the trap door pushed down on a support post that depressed a spring which in turn opened a water valve. Flowing water gradually filled a can balanced on a support beam. Once full, the can toppled from the beam, which then knocked aside the support post, opening the trap and dropping the prisoner into eternity.

Denver journalist John Charles Thompson, who had a seat at the gallows, wrote that “the sinister sound of running water” persisted for 31 seconds before Horn fell.

“To the straining ears of the listeners,” Thompson wrote, “that little sound had the magnitude of that of a rushing torrent.”

I don't see much of a connection here but it's as good as any so far I've seen.. lol
                Tom Horn's death was considered to be the passing of an era
                It was a new rope.

Comment

Since nobody knows if they have the correct wwwh until they have the chest in there hands. Why brag you know it 100% but not say what it is. It is a geographical feature that there are several of.. forsure morethen 2. fSo saying what yours is. Is not going to be ground breaking. The Blaze is the object that is key to the solve. It is geographical because that word has so many connotations to it. And geography is always changing. But it is not like wwwh & hob that are actually listed on google earth. Knowing what the blaze is. Is the only way you can feel confident.

Comment

Originally posted by JChere View Post
                    On that long-ago November day in 1903, Wyoming used Horn to try out the Julian Gallows, a chain-reaction device that seemed born of Rube Goldberg’s ink pen.

Horn’s weight on the trap door pushed down on a support post that depressed a spring which in turn opened a water valve. Flowing water gradually filled a can balanced on a support beam. Once full, the can toppled from the beam, which then knocked aside the support post, opening the trap and dropping the prisoner into eternity.

Denver journalist John Charles Thompson, who had a seat at the gallows, wrote that “the sinister sound of running water” persisted for 31 seconds before Horn fell.

“To the straining ears of the listeners,” Thompson wrote, “that little sound had the magnitude of that of a rushing torrent.”

I don't see much of a connection here but it's as good as any so far I've seen.. lol
                    Tom Horn's death was considered to be the passing of an era
                    It was a new rope.
                    interesting
                    "If you think it could not have been put there, your probably right. f " https://youtu.be/St6jyEFe5WM

Comment

Working...
                    X