X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Explain your avatar.

white elephant in his natural environment:

Sadcom’s Avatar in its natural environment

We found this quasi-cairn while hiking up Mt. Washburn in Yellowstone and spontaneously I decided to set my hat on the top rock. When we stepped back and looked at it - it seemed to be almost floating above a rock-being..

Additionally it looked back over the Yellowstone River Canyon towards the falls.

I loved it immediately,

GCG

Comment

Currently mine is a little bandit raccoon. He was stealing cat food from my porch and got curious about the game camera I set up!

Comment

I'm making a hat for when I go looking for Lewis and Clark.

Comment

Practical Joker for sure. Yogi was just a bit different then the other bears.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	twodogs.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	575.5 KB
ID:	60963 Treasure hunting on Chinese New Year, year of the dog. I was just snapping a pic of the snow in the background and didn't notice the 2nd dog until we got home.

Comment

I'm a Linux admin, and a penguin fan. Mine will change out every so often to suit my mood.

Comment

The anime series "Ergo Proxy" is highly philosophical and also just plain weird.

The main character, Vincent Law, is an immigrant in a dystopian future society. For the first couple episodes of the series, he is always portrayed with his eyes completely closed, a reflection of his failure to understand the universe around him. After a crisis, he is exiled from the city, and just before he is cast out, he opens his eyes for the first time. My avatar captures that moment.

The anime isn't for everyone. It's generally very dark, pretty bipolar, and confusing as all get-out. I'm only 65% confident I understand the plot even after watching it several times in both English and Japanese. The characters, though, are just plain great.

Comment

Had Yogi but he would only search for picinic baskets, Jiminy is wise and not foolish.

Comment

I had a crow -- it ended up being the best since that was my main dish and still is . . . lol
                    I had a dog -- love dogs and this one I saved from what appeared to be dog depression
                    Snow White appears to be handed down. Not a favorite of mine and I guess I don't feel like I am a favorite of myself.

I liked Yogi and remembered him the best in the forest - a childhood all time fav. Jiminy is interesting and I can't find all of his advice. But his hand covering his mouth tells me he is keeping a secret and I don't understand why since he seems to be so full of advice and happy to give it -- unless he is saying, "you goofed up" . . . or hiding a laugh. What do you think his gesture means?

The time goes so darn fast.

Comment

What is wise anymore or foolish. I used to feel foolish as I searched under rocks and logs. Now I just feel wise.

Comment

Originally posted by 1Trailblazer View Post
                        What is wise anymore or foolish. I used to feel foolish as I searched under rocks and logs. Now I just feel wise.
                        I believe in you. That says a lot coming from me.

Comment

Probably will find nothing but myself. Nothing wrong with that. Some just find frustration and that’s not his goal.

Comment

Originally posted by Sacrosanct View Post
                            I'm a Linux admin, and a penguin fan. Mine will change out every so often to suit my mood.
                            <----- And now it's this thing. I call it art.

Comment

I can’t even explain myself let alone my avatar.

Comment

Working...
                              X