Happy Pride Month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

Accepting undesirable change meekly is for sheeple. Be one, if that's all you're capable of. But please don't expect everything to be fun and easy -- just because you accept the situation as reality. I see reality and don't like everything I see. So I try to change certain things.
    Pick wiser battles and try harder.

Comment

• Originally posted by willynilly View Post
      The way I see it, if a child can’t drink or smoke they probably should not be making other lifelong life altering decisions like changing their gender, that’s kind of a big deal and they may regret it so anyone who assists a small child to do this should face consequences.
      This brings up a really good point. Why is the age of sexual consent arbitrarily set in certain states at 14? Why is driving at 16, smoking at 18, and drinking at 21? Since it's been scientifically proven that the human brain does not fully develop until 25- I say we ban all of these activities until then- including military service.
      See how that plays out?

Comment

• Gay people are cool, each to their own. I personally think it's a wiring malfunction not to want to reproduce. I also think it unnecessary that cities are closed down for parades, just coz guys chomp each others sausage, but maybe that's the way I'm wired.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walker View Post

"Again, this issue is between a child, their parents, and their doctors."

Don't you mean to add teachers in with that list? Because that's what I've been talking about.
          Teachers who are actively, per their official programs, seeking to find children who are LGBT, as if those kids even have any idea about what they are at their young ages. And especially when they are also bombarded with confusing information in media.
          And it's gone beyond "seeking" and into creating! They are actually trying to convince kids that they are LGBT, and at the same time telling them NOT TO TELL THEIR PARENTS what they are doing at school. This is an actual program, not just a few teachers going rogue.

"It's easy to get righteous and demand everyone on the planet be straight to make *you* comfortable, but you're not informed on the psychology behind what is driving so many to literally suicide."

Actually, I HAVE FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE.

My daughter had ADHD, and a bad case of it. My wife and I decided to seek "professional" help. We took her to a government run group.
          My wife took her to the first few meetings, and then ask me to take her to the next one to "see what you think."
          They spent at least 50% of their time talking about suicide.
          after about an hour, I told them that they were actually going to convince my daughter that she should be thinking about suicide.
          Well, the shit hit that fan and they came down on me, and I gave them few more things to think about. I took my daughter and left, and as soon as we got out to the car she thanked me and said they were really confusing her.

We took her to another place, run by a Christian Church of another persuasion than mine, and those people had their head on straight and did some good for my daughter.
          So my experience with these so call "professionals" is 50/50, with the government program failing miserably.
          Today she's been independent and happy for years.

Don't put blind trust in "professionals" or "experts". The facts are real, not made up like you've been programmed to think and react, as you just did with me.

I'm sorry that your family went through a difficult time with a Non-Related issue that has Nothing to do with the LGBTQA community and their fight for equal access to society and human rights. You went to a crappy counselor one time- SUPER common. The average for a straight cis person to find a good counselor is something like 4. Triple that if not more to find a good counselor in a minority field- and that's for a paying customer- understanding that free clinics are booked up to new patients for 3-12 months depending on the area, if they ever accept new patients at all, and many insurances don't cover even basic mental health services, and then companies simply fire someone when they find out you went to a shrink and not a nephrologist.. Add high intelligence and well, I hear they're still looking for a helpful human being to offer counsel. A few of my close friends have gotten lucky. One literally doesn't remember a year of his teens. Zero memories. He found a good counselor. Others have had...less than pleasant, some downright harmful experiences trying to find help when they need it most.
          ADHD is not something to be ignored, and I applaud you and your wife for seeking care for your daughter, and ensuring she had support until she got to the appropriate place to go with an adequate counselor. Government/Private has very little to do with it- super lot of bad and some good in both sectors- it's luck of the draw, and you keep drawing till you're out of money or the caricature hits a truth stem.
          Society didn't just recently stop killing or imprisoning people with ADHD though- last I heard it's on the short list for things you can't discriminate an employment candidate over- just like sex (gender), familial status, race etc. I hope people with ADHD get equal rights and protections at the same time as other disadvantaged segments of our joint one-world-is-the-only-world-we-have society.

Comment

• Originally posted by Round Peg, Square Hole View Post
            Gay people are cool, each to their own. I personally think it's a wiring malfunction not to want to reproduce. I also think it unnecessary that cities are closed down for parades, just coz guys chomp each others sausage, but maybe that's the way I'm wired.
            Such language. You learn that from momma?
            https://www.sciencefocus.com/the-hum...homosexuality/

Comment

• Originally posted by Rose Livingstone View Post

Such language. You learn that from momma?
              https://www.sciencefocus.com/the-hum...homosexuality/
              Like I said, wiring malfunction, like the Scandinavian genetic mutations of blond hair and blue eyes. You wouldn't shut down cities and hold parades to promote what what Hitler saw as the supreme race now would you?

Gay folk are no lesser or better and should be treat no different. No extra special treatment needed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rose Livingstone View Post
                This brings up a really good point. Why is the age of sexual consent arbitrarily set in certain states at 14? Why is driving at 16, smoking at 18, and drinking at 21? Since it's been scientifically proven that the human brain does not fully develop until 25- I say we ban all of these activities until then- including military service.
                See how that plays out?
                Exactly Rose, it’s all over the place and doesn’t make sense. What does it all come down to? Someone in power making things convenient for themselves, saving face, making money. It’s not about the kids, we have to care for our kids and be as vigilant as possible for their interests and safety.

speaking of safety, hate me if you want but I also believe
                they should not be allowed to legally obtain guns until then either, after a psychological evaluation as well.

If society really cherishes children like they claim to and really want to protect them then this is what should be done, imo.
                If it doesn’t happen it’s because they don’t actually give a damn.

Comment

• Originally posted by Round Peg, Square Hole View Post

Like I said, wiring malfunction, like the Scandinavian genetic mutations of blond hair and blue eyes. You wouldn't shut down cities and hold parades to promote what what Hitler saw as the supreme race now would you?

Gay folk are no lesser or better and should be treat no different. No extra special treatment needed.
                  I certainly agree with the equal treatment concept. Trouble is, that was certainly not the way a few decades ago. Policing the consensual bedroom should not be part of a free society, IMO.

Wiring malfunction? Perhaps. Or maybe it's nature's way of saying there's getting to be too many of you humans. IDK. Some people think it's OK to attempt to "rewire" homosexuals. Good luck with that abusive practice.

No, you wouldn't shut down cities and hold parades to promote the "master race," but you might if some people had recently been released from bondage . . . wait . . . no, I didn't mean . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by willynilly View Post

Exactly Rose, it’s all over the place and doesn’t make sense. What does it all come down to? Someone in power making things convenient for themselves, saving face, making money. It’s not about the kids, we have to care for our kids and be as vigilant as possible for their interests and safety.

speaking of safety, hate me if you want but I also believe
                    they should not be allowed to legally obtain guns until then either, after a psychological evaluation as well.

If society really cherishes children like they claim to and really want to protect them then this is what should be done, imo.
                    If it doesn’t happen it’s because they don’t actually give a damn.
                    I fear that you may be correct. There have been so many instances of children having their brains splattered across classrooms . . . and nothing has changed. If you want to protect children from abuse, you might want to make sure they're still alive first.

Comment

I'm with you on this. The treasure hunt has faded and can't compete with the onslaught of perversion agendas.
                      It takes a Blazing saddle to find the REAL treasure. A man and A woman. It is called IN Jack UL ation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnpvGYlwR7o

Comment

• https://youtu.be/-LI8X-GhFA8

Comment

• Originally posted by Walker View Post

I agree. But I'll take the statement a step farther.
                          What about people who mess with a young persons mind? I'm talking about youth:
                          -up to 14 years old who are still dealing with the effects of puberty
                          -and then even older youth, because some of them are still dealing with the newfound sexual aspects of life.
                          It can be confusing and there's no set age for true self-awareness.
                          Kids and youth are "easy targets" as both prey and politically charged indoctrination (or recruitment?).
                          And don't think our country's enemies don't work on this to sew discord, too. They are very active in this regard. And the internet has opened new doors for them.
                          Sorry I didn’t see this comment sooner.

I’ll take it even farther, there’s a theory, not mine but I find it incredibly interesting and am very impressed with their tenacity if it’s true. It states that places like maybe china are trying to influence North American men to be more feminine while encouraging their males to be more masculine. This is supposedly an effort to make our culture weaker (in case of war), hey man if this is true, they are geniuses, doing it through social media of course
                          Last edited by willynilly; 06-20-2022, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Judgment is very important. If we had no judicial system, we'd be in more trouble than we already are in.
                            Show me someone who doesn't judge, and I'll show you someone who isn't alive.
                            Hey OP,
                            gotta get going to work...But I'll throw one in for 2-cents. The Roman society had things going on that would freak us out today. Different time and space. We are on a continuum of time and space. Things today, might freak out people 300 years in the future, or the past. Cheers. Heck, before that, the sight of a giant sloth would have given us nightmares today....and talk about dragons...try transporting yourself to the day the dinosaurs died. Cheers.

Comment

Accepting undesirable change meekly is for sheeple. Be one, if that's all you're capable of. But please don't expect everything to be fun and easy -- just because you accept the situation as reality. I see reality and don't like everything I see. So I try to change certain things.
                              Broadly condemning change out of a perceived threat to historic vanity and its narrow sight, coupled with an instinctive need to follow the flock around you, certainly isn't a description of those you would call sheeple. The sheeple, in reality, are those who are trying to change the change because they are perpetually offended by change.
                              Conservatism is the belief that a small subset of the people is protected by the law, but not bound by it, while another, larger group is bound by the law, but is not protected by it.

~ Unknown

Comment

People never had to hide in the shadows.
                                Certainly not, they needed only to drink from the wrong water fountain or speak toward a face of the wrong color to be hung by bridges and burned. The shadows were where the "normal" "regular" "non-pervert" sheeple spent their time.

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post
                                They always had a choice.
                                That old chestnut. It is always trotted out, usually after the plot is salted with talk of perversion, murder, and obscenely inhuman behavior, to include in a heavy but thinly coded reference to homosexuality. "But I have no problem with it even though I can't understand it......" Then why is it always part of the perversion conflation?

Yes, some were beaten, murdered, etc. But I don't think their first taste of "disapproval" was very drastic.
                                "Her first rebuke was mild and proper. No one raised a hand." That she ended up in pieces in a landfill ..... what has that got to do with anything?

Rape is illegal in most cultures. Should it be?
                                For pity's sake man! Must you even ask the question!

Maybe -- just maybe -- , people could/should learn to refrain, at times, from doing whatever-the-heck-they-want-to-do. This is not rocket science, and doesn't have to be very complicated. As far as I know, it's not illegal to want to do something. But actions have consequences, as Isaac Newton might have predicted. Merely quietly thinking about being a pervert won't get anybody persecuted, prosecuted, arrested, assaulted, criticized, or even teased. Nature deals with mutations and/or lack of mutations in a relatively basic way: pragmatism. When a herd of animals gets so large that the food supply is insufficient, the animals' reproduction rate diminishes. Maybe this is what is happening in the world today (or at least parts of it). I have long believed that we are "wired" a certain way, by a system of instinctual features. One of my favorite examples is that of an infant (human baby) having fear of wiggly things (such as a dangling gummy worm candy). In similar fashion, we are "wired" to be heterosexual. We are not "wired" to be perverts, but in some cases, people are taught to be. And some are taught to be criminals. Society deals with these things, sometimes in relatively "pragmatic" ways, regardless of whether it seems "natural" or "fair" to everyone. I generally believe that "fairness" is largely a myth.
                                Take some time to watch mallards on the lake nearby. A group of males will corner and "force copulation" on a female. It's pragmatic and it's just how they're wired. Hopefully you can spot the difference in them and the mammals we happen to be discussing.

Conservatism is the belief that a small subset of the people is protected by the law, but not bound by it, while another, larger group is bound by the law, but is not protected by it.

~ Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X