The stock market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Suzy View Post

Perhaps that dog your friend is holding onto is a road that turns into a fire breathing dragon. Some of the biggest winners start out that way, an underdog that sits right on the edge. Investing in something like that has occurred to me a couple of times, but I'm always hesitant. The problem is, if the stocks aren't set ablaze, then things could go willy nilly. Needless to say, a person could get burned real fast.
    Yup. As a matter of fact, that dog is up 20% today. That's like saying "You lost 4 toes on that foot but here's one of them back."
    Conservatism is the belief that a small subset of the people is protected by the law, but not bound by it, while another, larger group is bound by the law, but is not protected by it.

~ Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by whiskynovember View Post

Yup. As a matter of fact, that dog is up 20% today. That's like saying "You lost 4 toes on that foot but here's one of them back."
      Wow! What a bar gain.
      NOT!
      Reminds me of 1 step forward and 4 steps back.

Comment

TNXP is in trials for some new vaccines they’ve developed and they seem to be focusing on monkeypox, smallpox and covid. They also have a new VP that’s pretty highly regarded in the industry.

One of the things that I find interesting is the small cap. It’s only 70m. That would make it a pretty easy target for shorts. Although short interest is less than 6%, but we all know that those numbers are self reported so take it with a grain of salt.

Another thing that’s interesting is the reverse splits. I think it was 10-1, 10-1, 10-1 and 32-1. If my math works out that’s now at 32,000-1.

The company seems to have legs under them for the time being and the upside could be pretty big. I’m not recommending anyone buy, but we’re here to share and I welcome any thoughts.

Comment

Also, I left out the best part. That chart sure looks like shorts covering and if this thing ever even hits a couple percent of its previous market cap it’s gonna be ridiculous. It’s also moving at the same time as other heavily shorted stocks, do with that what you will. Could be a coincidence and I’ll be the first to say it, it also might not be.

Comment

Trading solely off charts and technicals is kinda cool. Risk management is key. Don't chase losers and try to take some profit just in case the whipsaw is coming.
            Conservatism is the belief that a small subset of the people is protected by the law, but not bound by it, while another, larger group is bound by the law, but is not protected by it.

~ Unknown

Comment

Thanks for the kind words and advice WN. I agree with being ready to take gains on this particular trade, that’s always solid advice. The thing is though, my buy in was at like a 30 cent price and it was so small it wouldn’t even be enough to buy lunch for two at Applebee’s. Lol.

I think I might just ride it out, at least until the higher lows stop. Then I’ll probably take some gains and reinvest

Comment

This issue is quite a ways from a Golden Cross. If it gets there there will likely be a ton of profit taking and resistance in the set-up. Check out Bollinger Bands for swing resistance and support along the way. It's pretty fun ....... until it's not.

~ Unknown

Comment

Oh man. I like it when you talk dirty like that. Lol.

Comment

Did you see all of the LULD halts at the opening bell today? There were 81 and some of them were on less than 1% movement. So bizarre

Comment

For whatever reason, when liquidity dries up, the spreads go crazy and limits get hit.

~ Unknown

Comment

100%! I saw some crazy limit orders get froze! Stuff suddenly jumping into the thousands even.

Comment

“Liquidity” is a funny term when referring to the stock market isn’t it? “Providing liquidity” is even excepted as being business as usual nowadays. It’s weird how fast things change

Comment

A buyer for every seller (and vice versa) up and down the price curve.

~ Unknown

Comment

Again 100% true, but the way orders are processed and routed has a huge impact on price discovery. But then again maybe that’s point you were making. I’ll be honest, I have a hard time keeping up. Lol

Comment

Working...
                              X