What's new with you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's new with you?

Just found out my regulator/ rectifier for one of my motorcycles will be arriving in the next couple days.
    I had expected it to take all summer getting here, so yay for me!

How are things with you?
    -Slashy

Originally posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    Just found out my regulator/ rectifier for one of my motorcycles will be arriving in the next couple days.
    I had expected it to take all summer getting here, so yay for me!

How are things with you?
    -Slashy

I recently read about the Henry Ford Health Study on the effectiveness of hydroxychloroquine in the treatment of patients with COVID-19 and it made me curious.

It seems that hydroxychloroquine, especially when taken in combination with zinc, from what I've read, does have a positive impact on COVID-19 patients, particularly when taken in the early stages of the sickness. In that sense, it seems like it could be a reasonably good early-stage therapuetic drug combination, which is great!

But, I am also wondering if it could be used as a prophylactic if taken, say 2 days per week, in combination with a zinc pill that could be taken daily. If the COVID-19 virus takes 2 to 14 days to incubate, with an average of 5 or 6 days, could a regimen of 1 zinc pill daily and a prescribed amount of hydroxychloroquine taken every 5 or 6 days work in such a way as to prevent people from getting the virus?

If that were the case, such a treatment would go a long way in easing minds with respect to fully opening the schools and economy back up.

What are your thoughts?

Peace,

Orion

Comment

Originally posted by ORION View Post
      What are your thoughts?

Peace,

Orion
      Orion,
      I don't really have any thoughts on the efficacy of hydroxychloroquine and zinc; not in my wheelhouse.
      I do think that the initial response was reasonable (though possibly ineffective depending on who you ask), but now we're just going over the top to try to keep people from being scared.
      The original idea was just to slow the spread to keep the hospitals from getting overwhelmed. Now it seems we want to continue this until we stop the spread of the virus entirely, which is both absurd and impossible. IMO all of us who are not in the at- risk category need to hitch up our big boy pants and get over it... Can ya tell I'm a dad?

Of course, that's just me...

Best,
      -Slashy

Comment

I decided to swap out the headlight assembly on my Royal Enfield Bullet "Ichabod" from the American 15" sealed beam to the 17" classic British/ Indian.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Headlight.jpg Views:	0 Size:	134.3 KB ID:	174439
        Because the 15" headlight looks stupid and dorky...

Anyway... New headlight fixture means different bulb, had to order them in because they don't sell 'em here in the 'States.

Bulbs arrived today.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	SoManyBulbs.jpg Views:	0 Size:	70.9 KB ID:	174440
        WTH?? I only ordered 4! All the bulbs....

So I accidentally cornered the market on old British style headlight bulbs because that's apparently a thing.

If anyone needs one of these, I've got plenty of spares

Best,
        -Slashy

Comment

Just sitting around contemplating aberrations and wondering about network printers. Hoping the damn virus will pass so we can be normal again. Need a code to print something securely but I don't know where I put it. I guess I will head off to the river.

Comment

Working...
          X