X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BE VERY, VERY CAREFUL!!!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...uine-phosphate

Comment

one of the largest egg producers in the nation in my town with millions of chickens laying eggs and I can't find one on the shelf. I went through that facility one day, it was very interesting and enlightening. those chickens need 100 acres of corn a day just for feed. and on top of that we have a 10 cent deposit on bottles here and now everybody quit taking bottle returns. they are still charging me 10 cents a can deposit though!
      Last edited by rapala67; 03-24-2020, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by voxpops View Post
        RSV death rate of 65 and older hospitalized for RSV is 7.9%
        1 in every 12 from the 65 and older hospitalized for this virus die from this virus every year and most people dont know it exists. Same symptoms, transmission and cause of death as covid 19. Yet no government concern. Some things do have to change. No more self serve food and drinks at businesses is the first thing.
        https://www.cdc.gov/rsv/research/us-surveillance.html

Comment

Originally posted by Quest View Post

RSV death rate of 65 and older hospitalized for RSV is 7.9%
          1 in every 12 from the 65 and older hospitalized for this virus die from this virus every year and most people dont know it exists. Same symptoms, transmission and cause of death as covid 19. Yet no government concern. Some things do have to change. No more self serve food and drinks at businesses is the first thing.
          https://www.cdc.gov/rsv/research/us-surveillance.html
          This comment reminds me of something that Forrest said in TTOTC (paraphrasing): Who would you rather have working on your car, a man who just graduated from four years of mechanics school or a guy who has been working on broken cars for four years? I think this was asked by f's father to him, but I think the point was the value of experience vs education.

I noticed that many are looking up statistics on other viruses and comparing them to STATISTICS of this COVID-19 virus and wondering why everything is being shut down and people needing to shelter in place. "I don't have to worry about this virus because it's just another flu and many more people die from the flu", or "I'm young and have no health issues, so I'll be fine if I catch it"....etc.

I am a respiratory therapist and work with patients who have trouble breathing with the 'normal' flu and RSV. I used to think this same thing when this all first started. Here is what I say now seeing this pandemic FIRST HAND!!! From my EXPERIENCE, this is not a normal virus!!! On a perspective from my hospital, our ICU is extremely busy when we have 8-10 ventilators running. Right now there are 17 VENTILATORS RUNNING!!! It's only increasing!! 15 are COVID-19 positive/suspected!!! We keep adding vents faster than we get these patients off!! I am personally doing everything possible with my 10 years EXPERIENCE to keep these patients alive!!! These critically ill patients are between 30 years and older who may ONLY have hypertension as a health issue. Other comorbidities include Asthma/COPD, diabetes, obesity and heart disease. So saying that this virus is like other 'normal' viruses shows a great disrespect of this pandemic.

True, if you are healthy and young, you have a better chance to have normal flu symptoms, but the biggest issue I believe we have as a country is with the population who think they are invincible. They gather together in parks for full-court basketball games, go to beaches and party over spring break, get together as families and have big barbecues...etc. One person having NO symptoms just now infect many others. The 'invincible' now become a vector or carrier of this COVID-19 and unknowingly pass it to others. This is why people need to stay at home as much as possible and practice social distancing!!!

This virus won't be stopped in the hospitals. Only a national effort to stay home as much as possible will slow down this virus enough so that everyone can eventually get back to our normal lives.

FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART, PLEASE DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THIS VIRIS!!!

I have seen enough death already. Thank you.

Moody

Comment

There can never be enough seriousness about it, but MC, that is some of the closest.
            this thread is going to be what we are all talking on in a week. We are witnessing the opening of ww3 as a restabilizing action.

Comment

Originally posted by Moody Chameleon View Post

This comment reminds me of something that Forrest said in TTOTC (paraphrasing): Who would you rather have working on your car, a man who just graduated from four years of mechanics school or a guy who has been working on broken cars for four years? I think this was asked by f's father to him, but I think the point was the value of experience vs education.

I noticed that many are looking up statistics on other viruses and comparing them to STATISTICS of this COVID-19 virus and wondering why everything is being shut down and people needing to shelter in place. "I don't have to worry about this virus because it's just another flu and many more people die from the flu", or "I'm young and have no health issues, so I'll be fine if I catch it"....etc.

I am a respiratory therapist and work with patients who have trouble breathing with the 'normal' flu and RSV. I used to think this same thing when this all first started. Here is what I say now seeing this pandemic FIRST HAND!!! From my EXPERIENCE, this is not a normal virus!!! On a perspective from my hospital, our ICU is extremely busy when we have 8-10 ventilators running. Right now there are 17 VENTILATORS RUNNING!!! It's only increasing!! 15 are COVID-19 positive/suspected!!! We keep adding vents faster than we get these patients off!! I am personally doing everything possible with my 10 years EXPERIENCE to keep these patients alive!!! These critically ill patients are between 30 years and older who may ONLY have hypertension as a health issue. Other comorbidities include Asthma/COPD, diabetes, obesity and heart disease. So saying that this virus is like other 'normal' viruses shows a great disrespect of this pandemic.

True, if you are healthy and young, you have a better chance to have normal flu symptoms, but the biggest issue I believe we have as a country is with the population who think they are invincible. They gather together in parks for full-court basketball games, go to beaches and party over spring break, get together as families and have big barbecues...etc. One person having NO symptoms just now infect many others. The 'invincible' now become a vector or carrier of this COVID-19 and unknowingly pass it to others. This is why people need to stay at home as much as possible and practice social distancing!!!

This virus won't be stopped in the hospitals. Only a national effort to stay home as much as possible will slow down this virus enough so that everyone can eventually get back to our normal lives.

Moody
              Curious to know if your facility is treating patients with the hydroxychloroquine/zpack combination.

The anecdotal evidence of the effectiveness of this treatment seems promising....do you have firsthand experience with it?

O

Comment

Originally posted by Moody Chameleon View Post

Moody
                I love when you get Moody! Amen

Comment

Originally posted by 5-leaf Blaze View Post
                  There can never be enough seriousness about it, but MC, that is some of the closest.
                  this thread is going to be what we are all talking on in a week. We are witnessing the opening of ww3 as a restabilizing action.
                  Prepare yourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Vestalpatience View Post

Prepare yourselves
                    The US will blame someone. Right or wrong, she will always collect.

Comment

• Originally posted by ORION View Post

Curious to know if your facility is treating patients with the hydroxychloroquine/zpack combination.

The anecdotal evidence of the effectiveness of this treatment seems promising....do you have firsthand experience with it?

O
                      I have read about it recently as a possible treatment, but have not heard yet if my facility is using it. I will have to ask my pulmonologist heading the COVID team. Things change by the hour LOL.

BTW, we just added another COVID vent. 18 now (16 COVID)......

Comment

• Originally posted by Vestalpatience View Post
                        I love when you get Moody! Amen
                        Haha thanks!

Thanks btw for your enthusiasm and proactive attitude on the mask issue VP!! Brought tears to my eyes

Moody
                        Last edited by Moody Chameleon; 03-25-2020, 12:53 AM.

Comment

• Moody, my dear friend - your true colors are showing.
                          You are definitely one of America's unsung heroes.
                          Much respect and admiration for all you do.
                          Prayers for your safety.

Comment

• Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post
                            Moody, my dear friend - your true colors are showing.
                            You are definitely one of America's unsung heroes.
                            Much respect and admiration for all you do.
                            Prayers for your safety.
                            Thanks www!! My biggest priority right now is keeping it away from my wife and kids. I read that vitamin D MAY help fight viruses, so I'm trying to get as much sun as possible. I'm also trying to eat healthier, such as more fruits and vegetables, and less sugar consumption to give the best shot if I catch it somehow. Maybe I'll have to open up my spice cabinet again. I wonder if that'll give me some more thyme until I find the TC, and subsequently pull the cure for this Corona out of it.

You stay safe as well, friend.

MC

Comment

• on a lighter note...

Comment

• Originally posted by Moody Chameleon View Post

Moody
                                So you should know my statement is accurate.
                                So is 14000 deaths every year acceptable ?
                                Then why hasn't there been such extreme efforts to curb RSV?
                                The 2 trillion plus giveaway certainly has more to do with it than the bug.
                                Hospitals are one of the biggest profiteers in the USA.
                                Never let a good crisis go to waste. So let's panic the world and RIP off a piece for the medical profiteers.

Comment

Working...
                                X