No announcement yet.

Covid-19 cases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought this was a treasure hunting forum. Looks to be political. Not understanding where this information is coming from. There are many cases in those states. It starts in the higher population areas and the rural areas will be last. Many people now know somebody who has contracted the illness. It will not effect everyone the same. Not believing is the worst thing anyone can do. Maybe the Mayans were right. It is quite ironic that after calculating the leap years, we just past the renewal date to the Mayan calendar in a worldwide pandemic period. Or Thanos snapped his fingers. We are living in historic times.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dezxman17 View Post
      I thought this was a treasure hunting forum. Looks to be political. Not understanding where this information is coming from.
      That is why this is in the heading titled OFF TOPIC. Although it is off topic, Covid-19 did affect the search for a lot of people.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dezxman17 View Post
        I thought this was a treasure hunting forum. Looks to be political. Not understanding where this information is coming from. There are many cases in those states. It starts in the higher population areas and the rural areas will be last. Many people now know somebody who has contracted the illness. It will not effect everyone the same. Not believing is the worst thing anyone can do. Maybe the Mayans were right. It is quite ironic that after calculating the leap years, we just past the renewal date to the Mayan calendar in a worldwide pandemic period. Or Thanos snapped his fingers. We are living in historic times.
        I know some people who contracted coronavirus. Their situation is statistically interesting to me.

First, I should tell you, healthcare industry is by far the largest employer in my city and metropolitan area of about 1.3 million people. During the months of March through June, I've heard from people in the industry that at least one major healthcare organization was losing $100 million PER MONTH due to the loss of non-COVID-19 related business. Now, despite our being in the middle of absolute virus killing weather, there has been an increase in cases. Many, from what I understand have been presumptive cases or false negatives. People with symptoms are being told to get tested; follow up doctor visits and testing can result in 3 or 4 visits to the doctor, for even a mild case.

With that, the story of the people I know.

There are six people who live in a single family home. They are a 57 year-old and his 55 year-old wife, their 26 year old daughter and her husband and their two children, ages 4 and 2. The young man works in an environment where he is exposed to other people while the young woman is currently a stay-at-home mom. His employer provides healthcare insurance. which they elected to carry. The older couple, the grandparents) are self-employed and do not carry healthcare insurance. Of course, the grandparents have been impacted by the state mandated restrictions, including business shutdowns.

These six people co-habitate currently while the grandparents are in the process of building/buying a home. They share the same refrigerator, bathrooms, furniture and even remote controls. They eat together, talk to each other and breathe the same air.

One day, the young man started to exhibit symptoms of COVID-19. Shortly thereafter, the grandfather also developed symptoms.; in fact, more symptoms than the young man. The young man got tested and his results came back positive. This meant now that the other 5 would need to be tested. They were.

This is where it gets statistically interesting to me. Given the wide-ranging reports and generally agreed upon fact that COVID-19 is likely to impact older people, particularly those with underlying conditions, I certainly expected that the grandfather would test positive, especially given he had quite a few of the symptoms.

The results came back:
        • 27 year old man with healthcare insurance: Positive
        • 26 year old woman with healthcare insurance: Positive
        • 4 year old boy with healthcare insurance: Positive
        • 2 year old girl with healthcare insurance: Positive
        • 55 year old woman with NO healthcare insurance: Negative
        • 57 year old man with NO healthcare insurance: Negative
        The results certainly strike me as odd. I'm not discounting the reality of the virus, mind you, just kind of questioning the probability of those results.

Peace,
        O.

Comment

• Yes those are definitely some confusing results. There are many stories that don't make sense as far as how it is contracted. I have been sick twice this year and I thought I had contracted it. I was terrified that my family would get it. I also have elderly family living at home. I spent a solid week in the bed, and another week to recover. The second time was worse and it happened about one month after the first time. I had all the symptoms that they tell us on the news. Before returning to work I had to get tested and took my son to get tested at the same time. This was about two weeks after feeling better. We both came up negative on the antibody test. They did say that if I had it, then everyone in the house should have gotten sick. I was happy that nobody else got sick, but I am still confused about the situation. This was the worst experience of my life. I do think there is something going around similar to covid. The first time I got sick it wasn't even on the news yet. The biggest problem is we don't know much about this virus. Some people may be immune to it. I think we will find out that we were wrong in the beginning about how we catch it and treat it.

Comment

Working...
          X