Faith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faith

I've seen more than one post on this topic. George Michael says you gotta have it, but what does he know?

After SIX failed trips to the SAME search location, each escalating to a fever pitch and eventual crescendo which culminated in me splashing the pot to go try my luck, one more hand at Fenn's table. Well, after so many of these now, I find myself without FAITH. I no longer have it -- in the Chase, in myself, in my solve(s) most of all. What I do have, which is what I'm finding I'm left with, is a reluctant willingness to keep putting one foot in front of the other. Dumb Numb ACTION. Okay, maybe not "dumb" in the colloquial, pejorative sense, but I sure ain't bragging to folks about "my solve" like I used to.

Just today a friend asked me what I'm doing next week. I told him. He paused, studied my face with a curious expression on his own, and said -- you know, this is the first time you don't seem excited. This may actually be it.

Is this a theme woven in the fabric of Life? To try us and try us until we're all tried out, and then, only then, maybe then, cut us a break. I don't really think I'm going to find any treasure chest where I'm going. I don't even know why I booked the trip. Maybe I just did it to give myself a break, from my own day after day routines of cooking chicken a 'different' way, or searching for something that might be interesting to fall asleep to on Netflix. Maybe the break I need right now is to sit in a coffee shop in a NEW spot, after another search outing, drink some foreign local coffee, and think. Cause that's life. And it's better than the alternative.

Has anybody else gotten here? Not upset. Not pessimistic. Not "over it" in the angsty teen false-back-turn sense. Just ... here. One foot in front of the other. Forward march. That's all the gas I've got left in my tank. A soldier's stride. Sometimes life just feels that way. Rote. So many redundancies, patterns, repetitions. Maybe that's what Fenn meant when he said he'd done it tired, although somehow I doubt it.

Now wood somebody please pass the Mustard, Tabasco, a bird or lily? Who cares about an "A" attitude when a "B's" all you need ~
    Last edited by Art Haddock; 11-04-2019, 08:44 PM.

Yes. I’ve been there. You feel like you’re all out of gas and not even appreciating your area anymore. I’m trying to throw together a rushed trip right now because I’m afraid someone else will beat me to it! So I zip in and out like my pants are on fire and then quit when I fail. I think I’ve quit like 4 times now. It’s very hard.

But...you will learn about how strong you really are and how much heart you really have in the long run. I’d say give it a little break and come back to it later.

A friend told me once that when looking for something “experience and repetition are the two great teachers, and desire is the motivation. You can learn to find things if you have those elements.” I love that advice.

Art, sprinkle a little faith into that and you’ll find your way.

C

Comment

Originally posted by Copper View Post
      Yes. I’ve been there. You feel like you’re all out of gas and not even appreciating your area anymore. I’m trying to throw together a rushed trip right now because I’m afraid someone else will beat me to it! So I zip in and out like my pants are on fire and then quit when I fail. I think I’ve quit like 4 times now. It’s very hard.

But...you will learn about how strong you really are and how much heart you really have in the long run. I’d say give it a little break and come back to it later.

A friend told me once that when looking for something “experience and repetition are the two great teachers, and desire is the motivation. You can learn to find things if you have those elements.” I love that advice.

Art, sprinkle a little faith into that and you’ll find your way.

C
      I love that advice. Thank you.

And if you're anything like me you've written Fenn more than one breakup email, but feel incredibly thankful you haven't sent one ... yet.

Comment

https://youtu.be/50he2K6bd1w

Comment

Such lovely words Copper. One of the hardest things to do is leave an area YOU made. After so much effort in finding your 'solve', sometimes it becomes a part of you. Making the decision to start in another area from the beginning takes a lot of mental agility and endurance. In general terms, F says that you need resolve and the ability to adjust in order to find the treasure. Well, what does it mean to adjust? How much? Go back a couple clues? A new area because WWWH is incorrect? What's there to say if you are on the right track? Maybe the poem or TTOTC has something. Who knows?

I have felt 'out of gas' several times, but one thing that may have helped is not falling in love with a single area and only physically checking it once or twice. If it's not there, then I make myself move on.

Good luck on your decisions and quest, Art. You are not alone.

Moody

Comment

Marriage is hard. It takes exuberance and grinds it into patience. It can punish, poison, and drain you, and sometimes it will grace you if you're tenacious. Some are doomed from the start while others seem rock solid, but no marriage is easy, especially once the early infatuation fades. Introspection and perspective are critical.

It's always a good idea to step back when frustration descends and tarry a gaze at what your marriage has wrought. Is it still a good fit? Does it need some work? All change brings stress, even good change - did you know that? So give your changes time to aerate in the open before sealing them in.

If divorce at last appears to be the best course of action, consider how far the marriage took you, think about your own conduct and the part you played in its demise, listen to what it's telling you, then bring along the hard-won lessons to your new chapter.

Marriage is always hard. Make sure it's worth it.
            "I once sent a dozen of my friends a telegram saying 'flee at once - all is discovered.' They all left town immediately." ~ Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Moody Chameleon View Post
              Such lovely words Copper. One of the hardest things to do is leave an area YOU made. After so much effort in finding your 'solve', sometimes it becomes a part of you. Making the decision to start in another area from the beginning takes a lot of mental agility and endurance. In general terms, F says that you need resolve and the ability to adjust in order to find the treasure. Well, what does it mean to adjust? How much? Go back a couple clues? A new area because WWWH is incorrect? What's there to say if you are on the right track? Maybe the poem or TTOTC has something. Who knows?

I have felt 'out of gas' several times, but one thing that may have helped is not falling in love with a single area and only physically checking it once or twice. If it's not there, then I make myself move on.

Good luck on your decisions and quest, Art. You are not alone.

Moody
              I'm checking a spot I already checked last year. #CrazyMaking There's a fine line between thoroughness and compulsion. I don't need guidance figuring out which side I lean towards. I'm just hoping there's magic to transform a spot I already spied last year into a W. Either way I'm going to the bar afterwards and rewarding myself. Celebrate your losses as hard as victories. Way more opportunities on the nigh side. Just noticing you said 'twice.' Thanks for that. If it's there, bourbon's on me, or tannin water, or whatever frogs drink.

Comment

Originally posted by antigroove View Post
                Marriage is hard. It takes exuberance and grinds it into patience. It can punish, poison, and drain you, and sometimes it will grace you if you're tenacious. Some are doomed from the start while others seem rock solid, but no marriage is easy, especially once the early infatuation fades. Introspection and perspective are critical.

It's always a good idea to step back when frustration descends and tarry a gaze at what your marriage has wrought. Is it still a good fit? Does it need some work? All change brings stress, even good change - did you know that? So give your changes time to aerate in the open before sealing them in.

If divorce at last appears to be the best course of action, consider how far the marriage took you, think about your own conduct and the part you played in its demise, listen to what it's telling you, then bring along the hard-won lessons to your new chapter.

Marriage is always hard. Make sure it's worth it.
                I just wrote the word "aerated" at the same time you did. This site is spooking me out. I thought the portal closed 48 hours ago ~

Click image for larger version

Name:	aerated.PNG
Views:	411
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	126299

Comment

Originally posted by Art Haddock View Post
                  I just wrote the word "aerated" at the same time you did. This site is spooking me out. I thought the portal closed 48 hours ago ~

Click image for larger version

Name:	aerated.PNG
Views:	411
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	126299
                  I didn't even want to use it. It just forced its way in!
                  "I once sent a dozen of my friends a telegram saying 'flee at once - all is discovered.' They all left town immediately." ~ Mark Twain

Comment

I can sympathize, Art. I know in my heart I’m in the right area. My husband and I have been there 6x altogether. I’m not going back until I can go with absolute confidence. We would live there if we could, treasure or no treasure. Hang in there. Keep the faith. Listen to your gut.

Comment

Originally posted by antigroove View Post

I didn't even want to use it. It just forced its way in!
                      i'd say that weirds me out, but synchronicity is REAL. i've emailed Fenn a few line-up's so weird I was half afraid he'd think I was bs'ing him or trying to contrive a connection. i don't think line-up's mean any one thing concrete. they're just little winks from the universe, flirting this place isn't so solid as we sometimes think. nothing more. although what more do we need? if I do have a "faith" it's in that. the inter-connectedness and meaning beneath all the chaos and seeming disorder. it's a trip. and come hell or high water, we're all on it. some of us tune in. i can tell you're one that gets it.

i've experienced some mindblowing synchronicities in my life, and none of them have been on wild shrooms. i think that says something maybe even two.

Comment

Art - think about how many times Forrest has talked about the word "comfortable" and what it means to him. His shoes, his clothes, his family, his home, his friends, his fire, his love of books and collectibles, his jobs, his hobbies, his hat, his belt, his bracelet, his walks, his garden - and the list goes on and on. Even when talking about the end of his life, he talks about being pillowed down and comfortable. Comfortable is an important word - an important concept. So..............what if you find yourself going back to the same place to search for your treasure? That's where YOU are comfortable and that is where you may just find what you are looking for. And what of Faith? Well, you answer that question yourself.

Oh one more thing - just an FYI - did you know that frogs don't drink, they absorb liquids thru their skin.

Comment

Originally posted by Art Haddock View Post

I love that advice. Thank you.

And if you're anything like me you've written Fenn more than one breakup email, but feel incredibly thankful you haven't sent one ... yet.
                          I’ve sent him three I think. And I’m very dramatic about it.

Comment

Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post
                            Art - think about how many times Forrest has talked about the word "comfortable" and what it means to him. His shoes, his clothes, his family, his home, his friends, his fire, his love of books and collectibles, his jobs, his hobbies, his hat, his belt, his bracelet, his walks, his garden - and the list goes on and on. Even when talking about the end of his life, he talks about being pillowed down and comfortable. Comfortable is an important word - an important concept. So..............what if you find yourself going back to the same place to search for your treasure? That's where YOU are comfortable and that is where you may just find what you are looking for. And what of Faith? Well, you answer that question yourself.

Oh one more thing - just an FYI - did you know that frogs don't drink, they absorb liquids thru their skin.
                            Well said, Frogger. And getting a JUMBO, hot-tub-style Martini Glass ready 4u ...

Comment

I’ve been tired, weak, bruised if not broken, lost, exasperatingly frustrated, denied, derided, heck, maybe even hated. But I’ve felt that way about life outside the Chase as well. I feel like I’m doing everything in my power to change 100% of All the things, but feel restricted in the order of this change before that one etc. I wish I knew someone with the ability to ‘get it’ so I didn’t feel this floundering abandon.
                              I’m figuring stuff out by myself, surely rife with mistakes and setbacks and time delays with all their associated anxiety inducing “hurry uppers” who do zero to alleviate stress or loneliness and probably make all of the above much worse than it should ever have to be. Like ever.
                              So much is out of my hands. I’m not a magician.
                              Certainties about the Chase won’t be realized until the end. I just want the Thrill back in the meantime. Life is kinda kicking me down currently and I think, I too, have put laborious tenacity into my self-defense quiver.
                              One clomp in front of the other...

“Hope is the thing with feathers.” ED
                              ”Faith is the bird who feels the light and sings when the dawn is still dark.” RT

Comment

Working...
                              X