• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	horsetrough-falls.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	187539DB, I'm a REALTOR, I am always packing!
    Last edited by I Love Lucy; 08-14-2020, 10:13 AM.

Comment

I dont think its near the falls either, from what it looks like the 3rd clue will be the final place but you would only be able to get that spot if you figured out the starting spot with clue #1. Also remember on the last hunt he said he likes trees(dendrology) Well this area is filled with them. Im curious if there is anything special about the trees in this area or if there is some historic tree with significance

Comment

I agree as well, which is why I've stopped looking and researching for now.

I think:
        Clue 1: Area of the State
        Clue 2: General Area
        Clue 3: Specific Area

Comment

Sounds like there's a riddel to solve at the end again.

Comment

Just watched the video...no initial thoughts...going to think on this one for a little bit before I dive into it.

Comment

Lots of good thoughts and ideas.
              Last edited by Winston28; 08-16-2020, 06:21 AM.

Comment

https://www.atlantatrails.com/hiking...r-creek-trail/ As you read this short article and look at the pics, think about the clues and the solves posted above. Very interesting...
                Attached Files
                Last edited by I Love Lucy; 08-16-2020, 10:44 PM.

Comment

It was found. I hope we were on the right track.

Comment

Son of a cotton headed ninny muggins, this thread was all over it. Did anyone here notice the quote on the about me page?

Comment

Totally forgot to look at the about me section. But we got the locations. Maybe next time we will get it.

Comment

Solution from Mr. Clue:

Clue #1 - Brasstown Bald
                        Clue #2 - Horse Trough Falls
                        Clue #3 - Low Gap Shelter near the Appalachian Trail

I know most of you figured out these three locations so I'll skip to the tricky part. All three of these places had a reference to a triangle, Highest Point, Corner, degree, and Clue #3 referenced Evan again which you might have noticed, Evan had a quote listed in the "About Me" Section "The Geometer has the special privilege to carry out, by abstraction, all constructions by means of the intellect." - Evangelista Torricelli. Evan solved a triangle center question posed by Fermat. The treasure was lying on the ground at the Torricelli-Fermat point of the triangle created by the 3 locations.
                        Nice job to all, looks like we had the first two clues figured out. I hadn't had a chance to look into much, but I had not figured out Low Gap Shelter...it all makes sense though.

The triangle part was interesting, hadn't got that part either.

Congrats to the finder.

Comment

In case anyone is wondering about the Fermat point...here is my best shot at it using google earth and inaccurate measurements...roughly around 34.796156°, -83.793409°

In the below picture, it is the non accurate intersection of the three red lines.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fermat Point.PNG
Views:	46
Size:	1.99 MB
ID:	189125

Comment

Wow, so if you figured it out its pretty easy to find

Comment

Working...
                            X