Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Clue's Favorite Things #1

Hey everyone,

I decided to work on this puzzle yesterday and was looking at his video on Mr. Clue's favorite things. In that video there are 4 different equations which looked to me more advanced than what I learned in high school which was Algebra and geometry. But I decided to take a crack at it anyway. So there are 4 equations, so what I did was input each equation into a math app on my phone. What my app returned to me for an answer made absolutely no sense to me but noted them down anyway. However there was one equation that did stick out to me and that was the third equation. I'm unsure how to upload screenshots so I'll just explain it the best way that I can. It's the one that looks like a capital P that equals to 1 + square root of 5 over 2. So anyways, I plugged that equation into my app and it returned a decimal. 1.618033989. So then I took that decimal and did a google search on it. What I found out is that it is the Golden Ratio. I like to call it the mathematics of nature. I'm a self taught 3D modeler/artist and just recently started learning about it. It's found in nature and when using it for art it helps with the composition and perspectives of the scene I'm working on. Anyways, since that equation equals the Golden Ratio and the cipher header is Dendrology which deals with wooded plants I'm just wondering if both of those could be connected somehow? Of course I have no Idea what any of it means just yet, but it's a slow work in progress. What do you think?

The pi^e, e^pi and 0.577218 seem to point to Euler's identity equation; e^(i*pi)+1=0. Often called the world's most beautiful equation.
    the sqrt(2) is simply what it says, though some like to refer to it as the "silver ratio".
    1+sqrt(5)/2 is phi; the golden ratio.

phi, e, and pi are all commonly used irrational constants, with phi being the least rational of all.

I'm not convinced they have anything to do with the solution, just things Mr. Clue enjoys.

Best,
    -Slashy
    Last edited by GoSlash27; 07-02-2020, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GoSlash27 View Post
      I'm not convinced they have anything to do with the solution, just things Mr. Clue enjoys.
      The video seems to me to be about constants, and as you point out, a few irrational ones. I theorize that Mr. Clue is hinting toward a coordinate system. The use of "picayune" may also suggest he's hinting at something small, if not precise, like a spot on a map. But if there are multiple meanings for the usage, he may also be suggesting "base of a mountain" if considering piedmont.

Comment

Originally posted by ecwaters View Post

The video seems to me to be about constants, and as you point out, a few irrational ones. I theorize that Mr. Clue is hinting toward a coordinate system. The use of "picayune" may also suggest he's hinting at something small, if not precise, like a spot on a map. But if there are multiple meanings for the usage, he may also be suggesting "base of a mountain" if considering piedmont.
        Re-reading this, I just had an idea. Not anything you said, but something I said. Apologies, but I'm sorry I won't be at liberty to share it this time.

Apologies,
        -Slashy

Comment

Golden rule also rule of thirds. I learned about this in one of my Technical Communication classes.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheryl View Post
            Golden rule also rule of thirds. I learned about this in one of my Technical Communication classes.
            also the J constant where j≈[7(e/1-1/e)-9]π2

Not really, I just think it's funny...

Best,
            -Slashy

Comment

Getting involved in this puzzle has me thinking that I should of paid more attention in my math classes growing up.

Comment

Originally posted by ChasingDreamz View Post
                Getting involved in this puzzle has me thinking that I should of paid more attention in my math classes growing up.
                Never too late to start.
                Mr. Clue seems very into STEM. A man after my own heart...

Best,
                -Slashy

Comment

Working...
                X