Cipher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cipher

The header image of the Mr. Clue Youtube channel is an image of a short cipher:

fphhtzfsij cw sfcxg thxgcywvthk

It's fairly easy to solve, but I won't spoil too much. A hint to the key for this cipher can be found in clue 5.

A hint to the key and a hint to the cipher is in clue 5.

Comment

But what does it all mean, Basil? Did you catch the code in his page’s “About” tab?

Comment

Nothing some internet searching won't solve (for the header image)
        ... but yeah, they've added a bonus cipher

vhcruroetonlgripf
        Last edited by TheCoyWonder; 06-23-2020, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Anyone had any luck with the bonus cipher? If so, any tips? This one seems a little more complicated compared to the first.

Comment

Working over the bonus cipher. Nothing yet. Not as simple at first thought.

Comment

If you solved the header cipher, you can solve the about cipher ezpz.

Comment

Originally posted by Aldinach View Post
                If you solved the header cipher, you can solve the about cipher ezpz.
                Gothcha. #twins

Comment

The ciphers didn't give me much grief. It's the rest of it that has me stumped so far. What does it all mean??

Comment

Originally posted by GoSlash27 View Post
                    The ciphers didn't give me much grief. It's the rest of it that has me stumped so far. What does it all mean??
                    Agreed. Ciphers were pretty straight forward. Clue 6 seems to point to Col. Charles Emelius Gold. Other than that, I'm stumped.

Comment

Originally posted by WindyCityRambler View Post

Agreed. Ciphers were pretty straight forward. Clue 6 seems to point to Col. Charles Emelius Gold. Other than that, I'm stumped.
                      Clue 5 seems to have been exclusively about the ciphers themselves. That one seemed to have been completely straightforward in retrospect.
                      I drew a different conclusion about "the Colonel"; I took him to be Col. Vasili Samarsky-Bykhovets. Some of the others, I have suspicions about what they're referencing, but no idea how they're supposed to tie together.

I also caught the references in his "favorite things #1", but I don't think they're supposed to mean anything related to this hunt. JMO of course...

Best,
                      -Slashy

Comment

Originally posted by GoSlash27 View Post

Clue 5 seems to have been exclusively about the ciphers themselves. That one seemed to have been completely straightforward in retrospect.
                        I drew a different conclusion about "the Colonel"; I took him to be Col. Vasili Samarsky-Bykhovets. Some of the others, I have suspicions about what they're referencing, but no idea how they're supposed to tie together.

I also caught the references in his "favorite things #1", but I don't think they're supposed to mean anything related to this hunt. JMO of course...

Best,
                        -Slashy
                        Col. Gold, in his free time, enjoyed painting.... specifically "patterns of nature" (Dendrology)

Comment

Not sayin' you're wrong. I just made a different connection. I shared it with you in return for having shared Col. Gold.
                          Best,
                          -Slashy

Comment

The new bonus cipher

RTZWS
                            PSKYC
                            GKYDZ
                            AYGUW

Is proving much more difficult than the 2 previous ones. I tried all day, got nuthin'.

Comment

like everyone, the first two ciphers were pretty straight forward. This one today was tough. How about the most basic Colonel of all: Sanders Kentucky?

Comment

Working...
                              X